City Kayak is accepting applications for:
- Environmental science
- Foreign language
- Marine biology
- Natural history
- Interpretive or teaching experience
- Outdoor leadership
- Training for race
- Boating and repair skills
- Happy going and have a friendly personality
- Proactive attitude for handling challenges
- Enjoy outdoor sports activities, like kayaking
- Experienced in outdoor sporting goods retailer or services
- Able to speak a foreign language or two
- Good communicators in both verbal and written forms
- Experienced in kayak instruction or have ACA or BCU certification
- Experienced in motorboating, sailing, surfing
City Kayak needs your help in providing a world-class kayaking experience to our customers.
Main duties include helping customers gear up, fitting kayaks, and handling paperwork.
Once qualified you will be leading kayak trips as a guide. Who knows? You may want to teach kayaking classes as an instructor.
Prior kayaking experience will be helpful, although not a must. We provide all the necessary training and build your skill set over time. Your pleasant personality will do the rest.
This is a part time job on weekends mainly, although some week day hours are available. Shifts are usually six to eight hours long, between 9am-10pm. It is a seasonal job that lasts March through October. Some shifts may be available mid-week.
We value diverse background and interests. As you submit your application, please highlight any education or skills in;
At a minimum, you must be able to swim 50 meter and multitask in a busy, challenging workplace. CPR and First Aid certification needs to be in file within the first month of hiring.
Prior to start you need to provide 3 references from previous employments.
Supervisor / Operation Manager
We need your help in running the store. Your job is to provide best customer experience while keeping the business profitable. Key tasks include staff training, scheduling, and customer flow management.
We need your help in meeting customers’ demand for learning. Previous kayak instruction experience or certification is required.
You must be:
Extra points may be given to people who are:
No phone calls please. Just send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to follow the instructions:
- In the subject line, state the position you are applying for.
- At the beginning of email, describe why you should be hired in just three sentences.
- In a separate sentence, tell us your desired wage.
- Then paste your resume into the body of email.
- List your references.
You need to provide three references from previous employments.
Occasionally we need your help in supporting our trips and guides. Some of them are purely fun oriented, like the fireworks trips. Others are educational programs, like nature watch and youth programs. Self-recovery experience is required.
If you have an expertise in particular subject, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We can create an interest-based trip as well. For example fishing, bird watching, wild-life protection, architecture history are some of the types of trips we would like to offer.